You can enable your podcast to appear in Google Search results along with individual episode descriptions and an embedded player for each. This feature applies only to searches in the Google Search app v6.5 or higher on an Android device or on Google Home. We hope to add support for Chrome on Android soon.
Terminology: A podcast is an audio program that consists of one or more episodes.
In order to index a podcast, you must do the following:
- Expose a valid RSS feed describing the podcast that conforms to the RSS 2.0 specifications as well as the feed requirements described below.
- The feed must contain at least one episode that conforms to the requirements given on this page.
- The podcast must have a dedicated homepage with the elements described below. The homepage must have a
<link>pointing to your RSS feed.
- The homepage, the RSS feed, and any non-blocked audio files must be exposed to Googlebot; that is, they must not require a login, and must not be protected by robots.txt or
- If you want your podcast to appear in Google Play, you should also read the Google Play Music podcast RSS feed specifications. The RSS specifications for Google Play Music and Google Search are complimentary but not identical, so if you enable support for one, you neither prevent nor enable support for the other.
Note that it can take a few days for any additions or changes to your feed or homepage to be updated in search results.